"Victoria Park Orienteering Arts Trail "
- "Victoria Park Orienteering Arts Trail" is a Warrnambool City Council - Youth Project.
- Whilst on a short term contract as "Community Arts Engagement Officer" at WCC in 2021, Michelle was tasked with engaging young people through arts and cultural activities and to activate public spaces.
- This is a truly collaborative project that began with an idea put forward by a member of the local community to create an orienteering trail in Victoria Park Warrnambool. The Youth Engagement Team at WCC took it from an idea into a project - gaining approvals from council and relevant stake holders.
- Michelle acted in the role of lead artist/designer and facilitator on this project. The work consists of 10 large concrete art bollards designed to resemble standing stones. Each has 2 site viewing holes enabling navigation of the course by looking through to see the next art work. The works also include the use of three QR codes on each bollard which have been activated with additional digital youth art projects.
- Michelle worked with the students and teachers from Warrnambool Wave School and Merri River School who created the unique artwork designs for each bollard and who were hands on in the physical construction of each piece.
- The project was installed in Victoria Park Warrnambool in November 2022